couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Yves>
Subject vhost rewrite and httpd_global_handlers
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 00:08:45 GMT

I'm new to couchdb and it makes fun to play with it :-).
I using vhost and rewrites to get nice urls. I also have defined some static html via
static = {couch_httpd_misc_handlers, handle_utils_dir_req, "/path/to/static"}

My problem is that I can't get access to from my vhost http://couchdb.local/static.

I get into a 301 redirect loop, which stops after to much recursion.

I tried this rewrite rule:
    "from": "/static/*",

// my vhost setup
cochdb.local:5984 = /mydb/_design/mydb/_rewrite/

I needed to set secure_rewrites to false, otherwise I get the error: "insecure_rewrite_rule".
Is there a better way?

I'm using couchdb 1.0.2. I want to archive this without any other http server like apache
to keep it simple.
What I'm doing wrong? Is this possible with couchdb 1.0.2? If not, will it be possible with
couchdb 1.1.0?

View raw message