couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gabor Ratky <rg...@rgabostyle.com>
Subject Re: SOLVED - Admin password change - Futon?
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 12:55:31 GMT
Well, if you were able to go to Configuration, you were essentially in Admin Party mode, no?
In that case, there is a 'Set up admin use' link in the bottom right corner in Futon that
does the same.

I would've expected that you're not able to edit Configuration unless you're logged in as
admin.

Glad to hear that it did solve your problem!

Gabor

On Monday, May 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Wordit wrote:

> Thanks Gabor, we did find out how to do this with Futon. Jason
> explained how it's done, but it's *not* specific to IrisCouch. Works
> on any Couch.
>
> Goto Configuration in Futon, then click "Add new section" and enter
> into the dialog:
>
> section = admins; option = admin; value = the new password
>
> Futon will either add an additional admin user or overwrite the
> existing password if the user exists.
>
> HTH anyone else in the same predicament,
>
> Marcus
>

> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Gabor Ratky <rgabo@rgabostyle.com (mailto:rgabo@rgabostyle.com)>
wrote:
> > There must be a way to manage this in the CouchOne / IrisCouch interface. Unfortunately
I have no clue where exactly it is. Ask them, if you can't find it.

> > On Friday, May 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Wordit wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Gabor,
> > >
> > > The DB is hosted on CouchOne/Couchbase so I cannot access the file
> > > system. Do you mean I can delete the admin user in Futon's config
> > > section, then recreate it?
> > >
> > > The DB is in use for a web app so I don't want to disrupt it except
> > > for a minute or so.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Marcus

but depends on where you have couchdb installed). You can just have "username = password"
in plain text, CouchDB will take care of hashing the password afterwards. Also, if you delete
all admin rows, you are back to admin party and you can set up a shiny new admin user using
Futon.