couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Limit on the number of databases?
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 15:02:01 GMT
On 05/26/2011 05:52 AM, Glenn Bech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to ask if there are limits on the number of databases in Couch.
> I am playing around with embeded Couch on Android and are thinking in the
> line of having
> one database per user, and use replication to push data from the client to
> the server. This will provde for an Excellent "offline" user experience.
>
> This will of course not work if Couch does not handle unlimited datbases
> very well performance- or otherwise.
>
> Does this sound like a feasable design solution?
>
> Regards,
>
> Glenn

I think that you can think about your design.
What happens if your service tend to grow to millions of users?

You maybe think to have organized these users regionally for example,
and on that way you can
have less documents entries in your databases.

For example:
- DB 1: All U.S users
- DB 2: All European Users
- DB 2: All Indian Users