couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Clare Walsh <cla...@autonomy.com>
Subject Re: Multiple instances on one machine
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 15:53:44 GMT
Thanks... turns out that process is the only couch running and is
listening on 5984 and is my existing couch and not my new shiny copy
couch...

Turns out that won't start couch if there's already another one running.
When I stopped my other couch and used the given command to start this
one then it worked... and using the init script I could then start my
existing couch again, thus having them both run...

Thanks for all the help :)
Clare