couchdb-user mailing list archives

From MK>
Subject Re: couchDB and node.js double bind
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 20:57:15 GMT
On Sun, 22 May 2011 11:55:42 -0600
Ryan Ramage <> wrote:
> You create a view, emitting all the docs you will need and the key
> will be the primary id that you will query on, and then create a list
> function over top? Then you would only have one thing to query.

This is very tantalizing, I have not played with lists yet and
hopefully can work something out.  From looking at the docs, I don't
think using the primary id as a "key" will work, this will simply give
me the data for one doc and not many.  But if I can use custom query
parameters in the list function, I can transform the array from the
primary doc into an object and test against the keys from that.

"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)

View raw message