couchdb-user mailing list archives

From MK>
Subject Re: couchDB and node.js double bind
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 20:38:01 GMT
On Sun, 22 May 2011 14:12:05 -0400
Sean Copenhaver <> wrote:
> I hope I understand what you are after, but here's what I got. You
> have a parent document that has a list of ids for it's children or
> some sort of related documents? You want to be able to query for the
> parent in the relationship and get a list of children ids with a
> short description?
> Sounds like you need to reverse the relationship (or make it
> bi-directional). Have the children keep an id to their parent

All the documents have exactly the same structure -- there is no
parent/child relation -- which includes a short description and an
array of other (identically structured docs) to which this one is
related.  I want to display one of these, and in the display, list the
related docs including their short desc.

"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)

View raw message