couchdb-user mailing list archives

From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject Re: couchDB and node.js double bind
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 20:38:01 GMT
On Sun, 22 May 2011 14:12:05 -0400
Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenhaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope I understand what you are after, but here's what I got. You
> have a parent document that has a list of ids for it's children or
> some sort of related documents? You want to be able to query for the
> parent in the relationship and get a list of children ids with a
> short description?
>
> Sounds like you need to reverse the relationship (or make it
> bi-directional). Have the children keep an id to their parent

All the documents have exactly the same structure -- there is no
parent/child relation -- which includes a short description and an
array of other (identically structured docs) to which this one is
related.  I want to display one of these, and in the display, list the
related docs including their short desc.

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)