couchdb-user mailing list archives

From e0075...@student.tuwien.ac.at
Subject GeoCouch compiling problem with actual version
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 14:17:46 GMT

Hello,
my name is Bernhard, I'm currently writing my bachelor thesis in
Geoinformatics where I use GeoCouch within my project. After the new
Ubuntu release I also decided to upgrade my GeoCouch server. But when
trying to compile the source code with make I get the following error
message:

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{make,all,[[{i,"/opt/apache-couchdb-1.0.2/src/couchdb"}]]},{erl_eval,do_apply,5},{erl_eval,expr,5},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()
make: *** [compile] Error 1

I've downloaded the new 1.0.2 source code for couchdb an installed it
following the instructions provided at the wiki (Example 1):

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu

This time I also remembered to change the xulrunner version within the
xulrunner.conf file.

Currently I'm stuck. I've tried to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2.17 as it states at the couchdb error message
wiki, that this error message is caused by an incorrect
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But this didn't solve the problem. It seems like
there is an obvious solution to this but again I can't see it...

I would be pleased if someone could help me.

Bernhard