couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject Re: Query Local Docs?
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 07:50:13 GMT
On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 01:53 +0100, Jim Klo wrote:
> Is there a way to query local docs?
[snip]

> But is there a way to do a GET /db/_local? or is there some parameter
> to add to GET /db to include locals?

I asked this a few weeks ago on IRC and was told there wasn't a way to
do this. They appear to be totally invisible unless you know what they
are called.

However if you are trying to fiddle with the replication documents you
can discover what they are called by looking in the couch log. When
replication starts it spits out a message like

starting new replication "f3f357dd7528fc1983437707dd97780e"

The MD5 is a product of various attributes of the replication
source/target like hostname, database name, etc. I don't know the
precise details.

The replication document ID is, in this case,
_local/f3f357dd7528fc1983437707dd97780e

So you can get it and update it as usual.

If you aren't looking for replication documents I hope this is useful to
someone else who is looking for them, as I was a few weeks back.

Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.