couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Sajeesh P N" <sajees...@tataelxsi.co.in>
Subject Re: Queries on CouchDB tests done using Tsung
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 08:31:44 GMT
Thanks. I am reading different documents in Couchdb as my requests. My aim
is to get like 1000, 2000, 3000 ... requests per sec handled by CouchDB and
reported in Tsung. Is it necessary to have more clients in Tsung to generate
more requests/sec or have more requests per session for one tsung client.

Thanks in advance,
Sajeesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastian Cohnen" <sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com>
To: <user@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: Queries on CouchDB tests done using Tsung

Hey,

On 03.05.2011, at 09:52, Sajeesh P N wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am presently doing CouchDB performance tests using the Tsung tool
> keeping the default configurations for CouchDB. I would like to get a
> clarity on the following questions:-
>
> 1) For every requests queried from Tsung, whether CouchDB is creating a
> new connection for each?

The default for HTTP load testing in Tsung creates a new connection per
request by default, IIRC. But it somehow depends on what you want to test.

> 2) I would like to increase the no. of requests handled by CouchDB. What
> configuration in Couchdb should I modify and how much should be the value
> or limit?

I'd say that's hard to answer per se. What kind of requests? Reading
documents? Creating? Accessing views? ...

If you could elaborate a bit more on what you want to test/benchmark, it
might be easier to answer.

Best

Sebastian=