couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Huw Selley <>
Subject Re: Debian package
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 09:38:56 GMT

On 22 Apr 2011, at 01:16, Jens Rantil wrote:

> included in Debian stable. Or, are there alternative ways to create a Debian
> package for later versions of CouchDB? Or is a later package hosted on an
> alternative repository?

I recently built some debs for ubuntu lucid like so:

apt-get source couchdb
tar -zxf apache-couchdb-1.0.2.tar.gz
mv apache-couchdb-1.0.2/ couchdb-1.0.2
cd couchdb-1.0.2
cp -a ../couchdb-0.10.0/debian .
dch -i
cd debian/patches
rm COUCHDB-413-missing-couchspawnkillable.patch fix-help2man.patch http-redirect-query-string-fix.patch
cd ..
debuild -b

I deleted those patches because they failed to apply cleanly against the 1.0.2 source and
I simply didn't have time to check if they were still required - I figured that all my source
builds of vanilla 1.0.2 were fine so I could probably live without them. The emitted debs
passed all the tests in futon so I think it's okay. YMMV!

dch and debuild are provided in the 'devscripts' package.

'dch' bumps the version and changelog entry.
'debuild -b' builds binary packages only.

Im happy to send you those debs if you would like them?

> To speed up the process to get the Debian package up to par with the
> latest/later CouchDB release(s), maybe the Ubuntu package[3] could used as a
> template?
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]
> I'd be grateful if anyone has any tips on deploying on a Debian system.
> Thanks,
> Jens

Senior Systems Integration Engineer
NetDev Limited