couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Maclin Kallat <maclinkal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installations problem with Couchdb
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:55:09 GMT
I have changed the permissions as per the INSTALL.Unix

Change the ownership of the CouchDB directories by running:

    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/etc/couchdb
    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/run/couchdb

Change the permission of the CouchDB directories by running:

    chmod 0770 /usr/local/etc/couchdb
    chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
    chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
    chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/run/couchdb

It still doesn't start.

Maclin

On 20 Apr 2011, at 18:14, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Maclin Kallat <maclin@boxsolutions.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed Couchdb 1.0.1 from source
>>
>> wget
>> http://mirrors.enquira.co.uk/apache//couchdb/1.0.1/apache-couchdb-1.0.1.tar.gz
>> wget http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B.tar.gz
>>
>> I also have the Erlang 5.8.1 installed.
>>
>> I can start Couchdb properly but am unable to check it using curl:
>>
>> Here are the commands:
>>
>> sudo -i -u couchdb couchdb -b
>> Apache CouchDB has started, time to relax.
>> curl localhost:5984
>> curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
>>
>> What could be possibly going wrong?
>> How can I diagnose this or check errors somewhere about whats missing?
>>
>> Any help will be extremely appreciated.
>>
>> Maclin
>>

> Its probably a permissions error. Check the INSTALL.Unix for a list of
> directories that CouchDB needs to have write access to.

Maclin Kallat
:: BOX ::

Email me on maclin@boxsolutions.com
Visit us at www.boxsolutions.com

Find out more information about BOX's ONE Media Manager at
www.onemediamanager.com