couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: View based on date/time?
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 21:31:02 GMT
> Also, I don't seem to have any way to debug view functions, for finding
> errors such as forgetting a semi-colon or finding out that there is no
> Date().

I recommend installing SpiderMonkey locally and using it to debug.  You'll need to have a
couple of predefined functions like log and emit in your back pocket, but it certainly has
helped me work out the views...

Also have you tried writing the view in Futon?  It spits out some errors and can be handy
if you don't want to hassle with installing SpiderMonkey.

- Jim

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering