couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Christian Polzer <ch...@hai-fai.de>
Subject Questions on CouchDB security for Android Devices (and iOS)
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:44:52 GMT
Hi,

I just worked myself through a wiki article and blogposts regarding CouchDB's security (http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview).

Now I am wondering how this is done in Android. The Android platforms security is relying
on sandboxing applications, so config files can not be stored every but the app directory
or maybe the sd card attached.

As I learned, server admins are configured in a .ini file and the require_valid_user settings
as well.

I know, that uppon installation, CouchDB is storing a generated server admin with password
to the CouchDB application directory. How about the other configuration files?

Is  "require_valid_user" for example set to true by default( is this not necessary?), or how
is this solved?

Regards,
Chris