couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: total_rows:1 but rows:[]
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:22:18 GMT
total_rows is the total number rows in the view, not the query. This
often confuses people.

Yes, you'll need to use reduce to count the number of rows. The
built-in _count function is the fastest method.

B.

On 28 April 2011 11:13, armin weisser
<armin.weisser@virtual-identity.com> wrote:
>>> Do you mean "number of pages" (in terms of pagination) when you say "records".
>>> That would make sense. So we'd have 1 page but no documents to display.
>
>> when i say record, i normally mean record ;) in couchdb-speek it's a document.
> ;)
>

> Ok. I think I got it.
>
> So if I'm interested in the question "Are there any documents matching the key?" I have
to manually count the rows or use a reduce function.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Armin
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

on, but in general it tells you only how many
> (possible) records/documents this view has. and this is (like said) the case when you
request the view without any parameters that would exclude some records/documents.