couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Peer-to-Peer Replication
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 17:30:01 GMT
One final question ...

> A higher amount of peers will require much more configuration and would
> increase network traffic, but would likely decrease the delay for
> getting the data replicated to anyone.

If a single local CouchDB is set up to replicated from 100 friends and
after say some prolonged quiet period a message comes through from 1
of the friends (who has the latest copy with all documents in it) will
all of the subsequent 99 cause the same volume of network traffic or
will they end up being more like "hand shakes" in which it is
determined that none of them have anything new and that no actual data
should be sent?

With that, I thank you all not only for giving me valuable insight but
also for helping me to better formulated my questions. ;)