couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luciano Ramalho <luci...@ramalho.org>
Subject Paper about moving bibliographic data to CouchDB
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 03:32:30 GMT
Hello,

I have contributed a paper about migrating bibliographic records to
CouchDB. It was published today in issue 13 of Code4Lib, the journal
for programming librarians and library programmers:

http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/4893

I believe CouchDB is an amazing tool for libraries, as I explain in
the paper using a more academic tone and lots of citations.

Of interest to CouchDB practitioners is the quick intro to
semistructuted data model, a theory that supports thinking about JSON,
XML, MARC etc. (Abiteboul, 1999).

Research into the semistructured model includes results such as
algorithms to extract a formal schema from actual datasets, methods
for dealing with shared or duplicate data, and normal forms adapted to
semistructured schemas (Tok, 2005).

Those are two highly recommended books for CouchDB DBAs.

ABITEBOUL, Serge; BUNEMAN, Peter; SUCIU, Dan. Data on the Web: From
Relations to Semistructured Data and XML. San Francisco: Morgan
Kaufmann, 1999.

TOK, Wang Ling; LEE, Mong Li; DOBBIE, Gillian. Semistructured Database
Design. Boston: Springer Science, 2005.

--
Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer