couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Re-Install Problem with Couchdb
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 02:22:50 GMT
On 10 April 2011 13:37, Ray Daly <raydaly@gmail.com> wrote:

> I re-installed couchdb on my Mac with homebrew after uninstalling macports.
> Everything install okay, but I end up with this error. Not sure what to do
> next.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
>
> =CRASH REPORT==== 8-Apr-2011::16:53:31 ===
>  crasher:
>    initial call: application_master:init/4
>    pid: <0.30.0>
>    registered_name: []
>    exception exit: {bad_return,
>                        {{couch_app,start,
>                             [normal,
>                              ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
>                               "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
>                         {'EXIT',
>

> "dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.0.2/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.0.2/priv/lib/couch_icu_driver.so,
> 2): Library not loaded: libicuuc.44.dylib\n  Referenced from:
>
> /usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.0.2/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.0.2/priv/lib/couch_icu_driver.so\n
> Reason: image not found"}}}
>      in function  application_master:init/4
>    ancestors: [<0.29.0>]
>    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.31.0>,normal}]
>    links: [<0.29.0>,<0.7.0>]
>    dictionary: []
>    trap_exit: true
>    status: running
>    heap_size: 1597
>    stack_size: 24
>    reductions: 216
>  neighbours:
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 8-Apr-2011::16:53:31 ===
>    application: couch
>    exited: {bad_return,{{couch_app,start,
>                                    [normal,
>                                     ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
>                                      "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
>

> {'EXIT',"dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.0.2/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.0.2/priv/lib/couch_icu_driver.so,
> 2): Library not loaded: libicuuc.44.dylib\n  Referenced from:
>
> /usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.0.2/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.0.2/priv/lib/couch_icu_driver.so\n
> Reason: image not found"}}}
>    type: temporary

Hi Ray

that's odd; the icu dependency is clear in homebrew couchdb.rb.

I'm assuming you have not got couch_icu_driver.so in
/usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.0.2/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.0.2/priv/lib
?

Can you check the following then ?

dave@akai:~/formulae  $ brew list
bashish         distribute      gdbm            md5deep         p7zip
    pwgen           spidermonkey
couchdb         elasticsearch   git             node            pip
    python          sqlite
dialog          erlang          icu4c           nspr            proctools
    readline        wget

dave@akai:~/formulae  $ brew update
brewremote: Counting objects: 231, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (166/166), 16.25 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (139/139), completed with 64 local objects.
>From http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
oUpdated Homebrew from 43068886 to 7f71415a.
==> The following formulae are new:
muscle
==> The following formulae were updated:
alpine           disco            glib             jstalk           madplay
         pbrt             rogue            wine
atk              ejabberd         gnu-smalltalk    kdelibs          mongodb
         pixman           rtmpdump
bazaar           erlang*          graphicsmagick   lftp             mpd
         postgresql       rtorrent
bdw-gc           ffmpeg           graphviz         libmemcached     mysql
         qt               spidermonkey*
cairomm          gd               grass            libnet           nginx
         rabbitmq         subversion
cmake            gerbv            gtk+             libsvg-cairo     nmap
        ranger           swi-prolog
collectd         gfortran         imagemagick      libvirt          nspr*
         recode           tcpflow
couchdb*         git*             iodine           llvm             pango
         redis            wget*
No external commands were updated.

dave@akai:~/formulae  $ brew outdated
dialog (1.1.20110118 < 1.1.20110302)
elasticsearch (0.14.2 < 0.15.2)
git (1.7.4.1 < 1.7.4.4)
node (0.4.2, 0.4.4 < 0.4.5)
p7zip (9.13 < 9.20.1)

dave@akai:~/formulae  $ brew doctor
Some "config" scripts were found in your path, but not in system or Homebrew
folders.

`./configure` scripts often look for *-config scripts to determine if
software packages
are installed, and what additional flags to use when compiling and linking.

Having additional scripts in your path can confuse software installed via
Homebrew if
the config script overrides a system or Homebrew provided script of the same
name.

/opt/PalmPDK/bin
    sdl-config

dave@akai:~/formulae  $ brew install -vd icu4c
Warning: Formula already installed: icu4c

Hopefully output is similar to the above.

A+
Dave