couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: triggering all (necessary) view update
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:45:58 GMT
I'm coming in late on this thread but if you want to make sure you are not
blocked from querying views while they update I would suggest using the
approach outlined in the wiki to write a temporary design document, then
once the views are finished you write the real design document. View indexes
are unique to design document contents, so couchdb will share the index.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_deploy_view_changes_in_a_live_environment

That paired with an external process monitoring _changes API for design
document changes and I think you can basically fully automate this.

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ -Ludwig von
Wittgenstein