couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple rewrite rule help
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:01:23 GMT
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Johannes J. Schmidt
<schmidt@netzmerk.com> wrote:

> Just to make it clear: it seems like
>  ":appname.:dbname.example.com" => "/:dbname/_design/:appname/_rewrite/"
> should work but you mention that variable substitution in paths is not
> supported, so
>  ":appname.example.com/:dbname" => "/:dbname/_design/:appname/_rewrite/"
> would not work?
> And when, why is this not supported? Is it according to 1103?

No real reason to not support it actualy, it just haven't been thought
this way, Maybe you could open a ticket about it?

On the other hand I  think though that this should be handled
differently. Still working on it but implementation is coming soon.

- benoit