couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Klein <st.fankl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions on large attachments
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:37:38 GMT
Hi Daniel

2011/4/11 Daniel Truemper <truemped@googlemail.com>

> Hi Stefan,

[ ... ]

> Maybe you could store the attachment in a separate document from the
> original one and store a link to it?

For my use case it's i little more complicated to store the attachment(s) in
separate documents, but it'll work (at least for now).

I'm saving podcasts from an rss feed an will have to determine if my helper
script will have to download the file or if it's already there. If the media
file is attached to the pocast document i could just check if there is a url
in the doc an no attachment -> i have to download the file. With a separate
document for the file it's more complicated to determine if i have to
download anything.
Right now I added a field to the podcast doc which holds the mediadoc._id if
this field is empty i have to create the mediadoc. Now i can check if the
mediadoc exists and doesn't have an attachment -> i have to download the
file.

--
Stefan