couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Jan van Meerveld <haa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect the welcome page without breaking Futon?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:10:56 GMT
Thank you Sean,

I am not sure that your sollution will work in my special case.
It is an existing URL that I want to rewrite.
The URL 'www.domain.com/' gives the JSON result
'{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"1.0.1"}'
and I want to rewrite it to a HTML welcome page.
Futon uses 'www.domain.com/' to check the Couchdb version and therefore the
rewrite will break Futon.
(Or am I wrong? Did anyone rewrite the domain root and still use Futon?)

I did solve it in another way. I wrote one rewrite rule (nginx) for port 80,
like this:

server {
    server_name localhost www.domain.com domain.com;
    listen [::]:80;
    location =/ {
      rewrite ^ /db/_design/db/_show/show/home;
    }
}

and another rewrite rule for port 81 (without the rewrite for =/):

server {
    server_name localhost www.domain.com domain.com;
    listen [::]:81;
}

This way if I go to 'www.domain.com:81/_utils' Futon is still working.

Hopefully this will help other people to have a welcome page on the domain
root and still use Futon.

Kind regards,
Hendrik Jan