couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Matheis <matheis.ste...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: total_rows:1 but rows:[]
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:03:27 GMT
Armin,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM, armin weisser
<armin.weisser@virtual-identity.com> wrote:
> Do you mean "number of pages" (in terms of pagination) when you say "records".
> That would make sense. So we'd have 1 page but no documents to display.

when i say record, i normally mean record ;) in couchdb-speek it's a document.

it's not directly related to pagination .. of course helpful to
calculate pages and so on, but in general it tells you only how many
(possible) records/documents this view has. and this is (like said)
the case when you request the view without any parameters that would
exclude some records/documents.

Regards
Stefan