couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Diewald <noah.diew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB View Unicode Document
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:30:12 GMT
>From what I understand, JavaScript shouldn't need to escape characters
in the basic multilingual plane so it is strange that strings with
characters that fall within that range are escaped. I think there is
something wrong with that. I mean, why not escape every character if
you need to decode the JSON just to read the strings?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Nils Breunese <N.Breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:
> N/A N/A wrote:
>
>> I have a bunch of documents in my DB and i am using views so i can get more
>> useful data for my application.
>> Documents can contain chars. When i perform GET on some of those documents the
>> string is returned in \uFFFF format.
>> What am i doing wrong?
>
> Nothing AFAIK.
>
>> I know couchdb got unicode support. Am i missing something ?
>
> Maybe the fact that nothing is wrong here? Parsing that JSON should just yield the original
data you put into your database and at least for our applications that's working just fine.

> Nils.
>  VPRO   www.vpro.nl

Noah Diewald
noah.diewald.me