couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Peer-to-Peer Replication
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:13:16 GMT
OK, lets start with some basic questions ;)

(1) How would two CouchDB go about discovering and meeting each other?
 Would this not require a central server (similar to IRC) and are
there any hosted solutions?

(2) Once at least two CouchDB's discover and meet each other, is it
just their URLs (domain name or IP based) that are needed? What about
routers and/or firewalls?

Thanks again.