couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luis Miguel Silva <luismiguelferreirasi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [somewhat off-topic] Any good perl modules for consuming CouchDB? Having trouble with Perl's CouchDB::Client
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 23:49:36 GMT
Dear Lenz,

Like i mentioned in my last email, i had to stop my CouchDB research for now.
I would definitely be interested but wouldn't even dream about asking
that you support it if you do not currently do it :o).

p.s. nevertheless, in my opinion, i think that would be a great
addition to your module!
I really don't know how people use CouchDB in a production environment
without authentication ;o)
Not that i'm judging, it's just that, as an integrator, i just know
that enterprise environments would NOT accept our solution if it
didn't have some sort of authentication mechanism ;o).

Thanks,
Luis

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 5:34 PM, lenz <norbu09@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used all of the CouchDB modules available on CPAN and ended up
> writing my own (Store::CouchDB) which is really extremely low level
> and basic. i run it in production but via SSH tunnels so never
> bothered with authentication. If i find a bit of time i can try to
> hack it in but not sure if my modules are of any use to anyone other
> than me in the moment as the interface is somehow inconsistent and
> would need a major overhaul anyway.
>
> how much interest is in the perl community for a complete
> implementation rather than a "works for me" one?
>
> cheers
> lenz
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Luis Miguel Silva
> <luismiguelferreirasilva@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's great to know (and ill be sure to ask you if we continue working with CouchDB).
So i really appreciate your offer.

>> Unfortunatelly, my company decided to put CouchDB research on hold for now so we
can evaluate other alternatives.