couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Russell Branca <chewbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installations problem with Couchdb
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:21:08 GMT
The INSTALL.unix files don't mention it, but at least on debian/ubuntu
you also need to change the permissions and ownership of
/usr/local/lib/couchdb and I usually do the same on
/usr/local/share/couchdb.

To check my permissions are setup properly, I run:
find /usr/local -name couch\* -type d -exec ls -ld {} \;

and that will show you all the dirs in /usr/local for couchdb and make
it easy to find the one with bad permissions.

-Russell