couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: storing json datafile
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:42:50 GMT
On 15 April 2011 07:15, Mauro Fagnoni <mauro.fagnoni@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to know how I can upload a data file .json (3.1gb) to populate
> my database.
> At the moment i've only create a database name, and if possible I would not
> want to use interface grafical.
>

> Hi Mauro

depends a little on whether this is a single 3.1Gb attachment/doc or
actually
3.1 Gb of json data files excluding design docs etc -- I assume the latter!
One of the easiest ways is to
use couchapp, have a _docs/ with individual .json docs in it, then
$ couchapp push <site>
somewhere to upload them.

dave@akai:~/source/cat/_docs  $ ll
total 6447592
-rw-r--r--  1 dave  staff   207B 18 Sep  2010 DEU.Berlin.json
-rw-r--r--  1 dave  staff   173B 18 Sep  2010 NZL.Wellington.json
-rw-r--r--  1 dave  staff    70B 18 Sep  2010 couchapp.json
-rw-r--r--  1 dave  staff   189B 18 Sep  2010 dave@example.org.json

[...]

dave@akai:~/source/cat/_docs  $ more DEU.Berlin.json
{
    "_id": "DEU.Berlin",
    "type": "location",
    "country": "DEU",
    "city": "Berlin",
    "address": "Speedbone Internet & Connectivity GmbH\nAlboin
Kontor\nAlboinstr. 36-42\n12103 Berlin"
}

Personally I would push to a local couch first & then use replication to the
remote one as my bandwidth & reliability sucks.

A+
Dave