couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Peer-to-Peer Replication
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 17:36:31 GMT
Hi Folks,

Are there any large implementations of CouchDB peer-to-peer
replications or even smaller open source samples?  Actually, the piece
that I am mostly interested in is at the application/design end of how
to go about implementing the "traffic cop" for a use case where
everyone is eventually synchronized with everyone else.

Given a large number of peers that one could replicate to/from, is
there anything within CouchDB that can be "posted centrally" to know
how up to date anyone is, so that badly out of date peers are
replicate to/from the more up to date ones, instead to/from each
other?  What else should I ask, if I knew better ;?)

Thanks,
Zdravko