couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Calle Dybedahl <ca...@init.se>
Subject Re: Bulk inserts
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 07:21:47 GMT

On 5 apr 2011, at 02:32, Luis Miguel Silva wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Does anybody on this list have experience with bulk inserts? ...from
> Perl's CouchDB::Client module?

Yes. It's really easy, just give a reference to a list of doc objects to the bulkStore method.
And it is significantly faster than doing inserts singly, if you have a lot of them. If nothing
else, the bulk interface doesn't have to set up and tear down hundreds or thousands of TCP
connections.

Also, if  you're using the CouchDB::Client Perl module, you may want to have a look at the
https://github.com/cdybedahl/couchdb-client repository at GitHub. I was using the module actively
at a customer until the end of 2010, and fixed a few bugs and suboptimal behaviors. I tried
to feed them upstream, but there doesn't seem to have been a new release since I sent them.
--
Calle Dybedahl
calle@init.se -*- +46 703 - 970 612