couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Clément Vollet <cvol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed: is couchDB a good fit for my app?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:41:28 GMT
Le 21/04/2011 09:39, Ryan Ramage a écrit :
> You might want some architecture like this:
>
>                   [] Public Docs db           |
>                                                       |  <----- hosted
> [] User 1db    [] User 2 db  []....         |
>
> [] User1 phone db   [] User 2 Phonedb   []....
>

> My ascii art is not very good :)
>
> Then have replication between phone and user db. Then have replication
> from Userdb to public docs db with a filter to take out private
> tags...

Arg, I spammed the ml with a second message since I didn't show mine on
the it. Sorry for that
(and thanks for answering ;).
> Does that work?

Hum, something like that could yes. But I have a question regarding the
stats. First, a tag can only take a value in a predefined set of value
for that tag. So, is it possible that instead of filtering the tag
completely, I update the stat of the value accordingly (+1 if the value
has been chosen by the user, -1 if the user changed to another value or
reset the tag)?

Oh, and also, I read that there is a limit depending on the OS for the
number of concurrent databases. Won't that be a problem if there is a
lot of users (which will hopefully be the case;)?

Thanks again for your answer,

Regards,

Clément