couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Taber <john.tigernas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB's advantages over MongoDB
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:54:13 GMT
On 04/14/2011 09:56 AM, Kinley Dorji wrote:
> @Sean: Thanks for a great summary of CouchDB's awesomeness. :)

Yes, but the discussion lacks the disadvantages, some are:
1) really poor how-to use case documentation, especially around
map-reduce, auth (logins), syncing between mobile, servers,
using nodejs to apply back-end logic, .......
2) db security

Mongo is very easy to use and get projects going - at the moment, it is
a huge winner for time-to-market.