couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Klein <st.fankl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Some questions on large attachments
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:42:29 GMT
Hi List,

When I upload a large (100-300MB in my case) file and the document is
changed while I am uploading the file the upload will fail because the
revision had changed. So I thought of having separate documents for the
files and move them to the destination document after the upload is
complete.

Is it possible to copy (or move) an attachment from one document to an
other without downloading and re uploading the file?
if it's possible, will it also work between 2 databases on the same
instance?

If the same file is attached to 2 or more documents, will couchdb hold
one copy for each or is it possible to tell couchdb these are the same,
you only have to store it once?

thanks,
Stefan