I have tried that Ryan and it didn't work at all.

On 29/03/2011 16:24, Ryan Ramage wrote:
Could you for now just use a mapped drive letter?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Rob Pettefar
<rpettefar@gpslsolutions.com> wrote:
 Hi guys
I have just been trying out a way of storing the actual database and views
files on a different drive to the application (the final setup needed is for
the majority of data to be held on a NAS system).

This has lead me to find strange behaviour when using storage over a Windows
network. If a network address is used, eg "\\computer\couch" which resulted
in CouchDB working except that any databases created will not actually exist
in the system once they have been navigated away from (I was using Futon for
database creation and navigation).
Further, mapping the area to a network drive seems to cause the "Firefox
can't establish a connection to the server" page to pop up if the IP + port
is entered.

The only way I have found to allow me to have CouchDBs databases to be held
in a different location to the server is to install it on the network drive
and run it from there.

Am I doing things wrong or is network storage a genuine problem with
CouchDB?

Thanks for the help guys
Rob

We don't really support running CouchDB on NFS so I wouldn't really
expect to see things work on Windows networking drives. Your
particular error seems a bit odd, but I would expect it to be a result
of Erlang's internal file handling as opposed to anything CouchDB is
doing explicitly.

Your best bet might be to try and create a small test case in Erlang
that writes files to that drive to see what happens.

--

GPSL Logo

      Robert Pettefar

 t    +44 1793 344191