couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication: stalled?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:34:50 GMT
On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Filipe David Manana wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Wayne Conrad <wayne@databill.com> wrote:
>> On 03/01/11 03:15, Filipe David Manana wrote:
>>>
>>> You can also try the new replicator that landed recently into trunk
>>> (from where 1.2 will be cut from), it adds more parallelism so you'll
>>> likely see a better performance:
>>>
>>> http://s.apache.org/KsY
>>>

>>> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/34eb4175f8547546cd76fbeb006421020cbf0d71
>>
>> Version 1.2.0ac052866-git replicates my ginormous documents with panache.
>>  My test-case-de-jeur is a document with 32,700 attachments, 4k each.
>>  Inserting 100 attachments at a time, the document gets inserted into the
>> source database in 42 seconds.  The destination database is pulling the
>> changes so fast I can't measure the latency by refreshing futon: The moment
>> I'm done adding the last attachment to the source database, it appears in
>> the destination database.  Outstanding!
>>
>> I had only one small issue building it: on Debian, the package
>> "erlang-eunit" is required to run "make check."  Is that worth mentioning in
>> the DEVELOPER file?

I'm a bit surprised by this one, I thought we had figured out how to avoid that.  Bob?

>> Before I put it in production, "make check" reports some failures.  Do these
>> matter?
>
> No they're related to the vhost and OS daemon features. The former was
> fixed this morning I believe, while the later happens often but not
> always. They're completely unrelated to the replicator, rest assured
> :)

Yes, the errors in 173 have happened in each of the last four CI builds (50-53) for R14B01:

http://jenkins.cloudant.com/job/CouchDB-trunk-R14B01/

I've discussed them with Paul and one of these days we'll get around to making that test less
timing-sensitive.

Thanks for the detailed report Wayne.  Cheers, Adam