couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Matheis <matheis.ste...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: PHP-based SHA1 algorithm?
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:40:13 GMT
Martin,

based on http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview#Generating_password_sha
what's wrong about php's sha1() function?

$ php -r "echo sha1('foobar');"
8843d7f92416211de9ebb963ff4ce28125932878

it's the same result as stated there for erlang, ruby & python :)

Regards
Stefan

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a build process in Phing, part of which involves creating a new CouchDB user.
I'm having trouble logging in as the created user and have an inkling that it's down to the
SHA1 encryption of the password and salt, as the Security wiki page is quite specific about
what SHA1s work and which ones don't.