couchdb-user mailing list archives

From bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.br...@gmail.com>
Subject suggestions on how to structure a delicious clone
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:25:12 GMT
Hi,
I am making sort of a delicious clone (not exactly but the nearest
approximation to understand the problem field)

I assumed every bookmark would be a little document consisting of
mandatory name, mandatory uri(s) [can be either a string or array],
mandatory user id, description, tags

The question is if that is the right structure?

Also I need to be able to write queries that return a specific users
bookmarks. What would be the suggested methodology for that - I
figured a view that returns all user ids and the document ids
associated with them and then a show to return all the bookmarks for
that user in one object? (only json objects returned, html layer
provided by other application.)
any hints on this subject?

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen