couchdb-user mailing list archives

From JC de Villa <jc.devi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication problems between 32 and 64 bit.
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:52:18 GMT
Sorry for the late reply. Everything else is inline.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it the design documents that aren't being replicated? If so, you
> need to authenticate at the target (you need admin access to update
> ddocs).

Yep, did that. Anywho, it's not just the ddocs that aren't
replicating. At whatever particular point the replication stops,
nothing further gets pulled from the master. Not to mention the other
three databases that fail completely.

> .couch files are compatible across all platforms, you can copy them
> anywhere. Are you using the same version of couchdb in all places?

Hmm... using 1.0.0_1 that couch.io made available for download last
year running on lucid, and 1.0.1 from the Maverick repos. IIRC,
couch.io's 1.0.0_1 is equivalent to 1.0.1 right?

But here's how it looks like. The dev machine holds a copy of the
couch which replicates continuously from Master. Since we're moving
things over to a new machine, I initiated a pull into the new machine,
which never completes on the first three databases. For the rest of
the databases, partially replicates, then replication crashes for
those  last three.

I put up the same version of couch on my workstation, and it completes
just fine, whether I pull from master or dev, but whenever I pull from
the New machine (from master, dev or my workstation), it doesn't
complete.

Dev <----- Master -----> New Machine
 1.0.0_1  | 1.0.0_1  | 1.0.1
 couch.io | couch.io | maverick repo
 ok       |          | Fails.

> I'm in a good mood, so I'll forget you said "table" :)

Lol. Sorry... Jumping between couch and postgres.

I'll try replicating again today. Seems there was a full moon this
past weekend. I wouldn't put it past gremlins or other cosmic forces
to have fudged with my brain or my machines.