couchdb-user mailing list archives

From JC de Villa <jc.devi...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication problems between 32 and 64 bit.
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 07:15:04 GMT
Resending again. That spam filter threw this back to me about 4 times
already, I think.

Hi guys,
I've been using couch over the past year and love it completely, but I
was just wondering. In replicating between 32 and 64 bit couch, should
there be any difficulty? I've been trying to replicate from a virtual
machine running 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04 to a server on ubuntu 10.10 64bit
and have been failing constantly. The replication hangs on a few
tables right near the end of the replications and eventually looks
like they time out (disappears from the Status list). The few that
don't hang don't complete never get a complete copy. Always just one
or two docs shy of the full replica.
In total, I initiated 6 pull replications into the 64 bit machine,
with the 32bit VM as the source - Three crash, three continue but
never get the entire set.

I have a separate dev VM thats also 32bit thats continuously
replicating from the main 32bit  instance that never shows any
problem. My workstation (also on 32bit) can pull at anytime without
any problem (whether continuous or not.
Are the couch files compatible between 32 and 64 bit? If so, I could
just move the database files onto the 64bit machine as we're migrating
to that eventually. Alternatively, I could just install the 32 bit
version I grabbed from couch.io a few months back and use that for the
couch.
Thoughts? And thanks in advance also.

JC de Villa