couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Re: Announcing blitz.io public beta
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:28:58 GMT
yeah that's what I assumed.

I've never looked into Rewrite URLs or Vhosts.

now I have it was pretty simple after ~10 refreshes and multiple readings of
the docs ;)

for the record, do this:

edit your domain.com zone and add an A record for blitz.domain.com
edit local.ini add a vhost
===
[vhosts]
blitz.domain.com:port = /blitz/_design/blitz/_rewrite
===
restart couchdb
create a blitz database
create a new document
===
{
   "_id": "_design/blitz",
   "rewrites": [
       {
           "from": "/mu-blitz-url",
           "to": "blitz.txt",
           "method": "GET",
           "query": {
           }
       }
   ]
}
===
save the document
create a blitz.txt file and put the content blitz told you put in it
upload blitz.txt as an attachment to the design document
goto blitz.domain.com:port/mu-blitz-url
you should get the content of the blitz.txt attachment

happy days :)

ok so now to test couchdb, i did want to hit the root of couchdb where it
reports the version however if you put "../../../" in the to of the rewrite
couchdb complains too many .. as a security issue, fair enough. so did 2x ..
and thus my design doc looks like this now
===
{
   "_id": "_design/blitz",
   "_rev": "7-0b8cf881f0dc8d26198703eb86e93eb1",
   "rewrites": [
       {
           "from": "/mu-blitz-url",
           "to": "blitz.txt",
           "method": "GET",
           "query": {
           }
       },
       {
           "from": "/",
           "to": "../../",
           "method": "GET",
           "query": {
           }
       }
   ]
}
===
so i rushed my node (which is a GET on the db, http://locahost:5984/blitz,
thus stats)
and here is what blitz has to say about this couchdb node running in xen vm
hosted at crucial in sydney: http://yfrog.com/gzn6zqp

neato