couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Travis Jensen <travis.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom authentication methods
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:44:05 GMT
I am new to CouchDB and am looking for some advice. I've looked through the
web site, wiki, and the Definitive Guide and haven't found an answer.

I need a custom authentication mechanism. For sake of discussion, let's say
the authentication method is "Pick a number between one and ten." The
process would look something like this: The user browses to the
authentication page. The server generates the number and stores it in the
database for the current "authentication session" and generates the "select
a number" page.  The user selects the number and posts it to the server.  If
the user selected the right number, the server sets the appropriate cookie
and everything behaves as if "cookie authentication" had taken place. If
not, they failed, a new number is generated and the process starts over.

Anybody have any pointers of where to start looking?

Thanks.

tj

--
*Travis Jensen*
***

**What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???**