couchdb-user mailing list archives

From naren <naren.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making a built-from-source version run as an Ubuntu service
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 00:17:06 GMT
Take a look at the end of this page:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu

The relevant section is : Note on installing on Ubuntu Desktop flavors. I
think you should probably take it more as a guideline than as instructions
:) In my case, instead of the link, I ended up just copying the
.../init.d/couchdb file over.

It still didnt work for me after following these instructions because of
permissions issues on the stderr and stdout log files. (But to be sure, I
installed from CouchOne and not from source, so maybe you wont see this).

Naren