couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luis Miguel Silva <luismiguelferreirasi...@gmail.com>
Subject DocumentRevisions - any way to make sure they will always be available?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:43:18 GMT
Dear all,

I'm very interested in CouchDB's DocumentRevision features because i
want to be able to store historical data so i can later consume it and
see how it progressed over time.
So my idea would be to simply add a timestamp and that timestamp
SHOULD be enough to let me know a new revision has been registered.

The thing is, according to the documentation, we cannot guarantee the
revisions will be available once the DB is compacted:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API

But...what is the point of this then? Is there a way to always make
revisions available?

Also, is it possible to only get the fields that changed between two
revisions?? That would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E for what i need to do :o).

Thanks in advance,
Luis