couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Pasi Eronen ...@iki.fi>
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 08:52:33 GMT
Hi,

One of my databases has a design doc that seems to get stuck in
"Finishing" state for long time:

View Group Indexer: foo_local _design/bar: Finishing. (<0.3413.1>)

This is after indexing a small number (some hundreds perhaps) updates.
Usually it's stuck in this state for couple of minutes, but the longest
I've seen was over 40 minutes. (I have a cron job that logs the contents
of _active_tasks once a minute.)

If I generate the whole view from scratch, it happens relatively quickly.
The database has ~900K documents, and the view code is not especially
complex (I have a second database on the same server with 20M+ documents
and a very similar view code, and it never gets stuck in "Finishing").

What exactly is CouchDB doing in this "Finishing" state? Any hints on
how to debug this?

Best regards,
Pasi