couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject persistent cookie authorization
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 05:51:33 GMT
I would like to have the features of the cookie authorization built
into couchdb with the _users table, but allow the user to stay logged
in even after their browser is closed or the db is restarted.

I could store the sha hash in a cookie and check it against their doc
from _users, but after I've done that, how do I get them logged into
couchdb with a token?  The only way I can figure out how to do this is
to store the user's password in the clear which defeats the whole
point of storing the sha hashed password.  Is there any way to log in
a user to couchdb without using the clear password?