couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nebu Pookins <nebupook...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestions on how to structure a delicious clone
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:40:13 GMT
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:25 AM, bryan rasmussen
<rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com> wrote:

> I assumed every bookmark would be a little document consisting of
> mandatory name, mandatory uri(s) [can be either a string or array],
> mandatory user id, description, tags

[...]
> Also I need to be able to write queries that return a specific users
> bookmarks. What would be the suggested methodology for that

I'm still new at CouchDB, but it seems to be that the easiest way to
do that would be to construct a view such that the user id is the key.
That way you can use the startKey and endKey parameter to isolate a
specific set of bookmarks belonging to only one user.

- Nebu