couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rob Pettefar <rpette...@gpslsolutions.com>
Subject CouchDB over a Windows network drive
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:57:41 GMT
  Hi guys
I have just been trying out a way of storing the actual database and
views files on a different drive to the application (the final setup
needed is for the majority of data to be held on a NAS system).

This has lead me to find strange behaviour when using storage over a
Windows network. If a network address is used, eg "\\computer\couch"
which resulted in CouchDB working except that any databases created will
not actually exist in the system once they have been navigated away from
(I was using Futon for database creation and navigation).
Further, mapping the area to a network drive seems to cause the "Firefox
can't establish a connection to the server" page to pop up if the IP +
port is entered.

The only way I have found to allow me to have CouchDBs databases to be
held in a different location to the server is to install it on the
network drive and run it from there.

Am I doing things wrong or is network storage a genuine problem with
CouchDB?

Thanks for the help guys
Rob