couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Henß" <stefan.he...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Automatically extracted CouchDB FAQs
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:45:45 GMT
Hi Eli,

the subtitle is definately missleading. It should only give an idea of
the topics contained in the FAQ, not what it is limited to :-)

I do remove generic english terms before the clustering but not mailing
list-specific terms. In fact those are the ones I'm trying to find :-)
In order to validate that the clustering is working properly I consider
threads from a bunch of different mailing lists (currently 8) as data
basis and assign no label to them. So those common words are my best
hint in "rebuilding" the original mailing lists.

But I still agree with your point. After the first clusters are found
(hopefully including a 100% precise couchdb FAQ) I again run the mining
algorithm on the set of threads for each cluster to generate the
second-level categorization. At this point I should definately remove
too generic words for this cluster as they can only distort the further
analysis. Thanks for pointing this out.

Best regards,
Stefan