couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hilbig <blueo...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: persistent cookie authorization
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 23:40:29 GMT
On 02.03.2011 08:17, Mark Hahn wrote:
> If you don't mind, can you explain your idea in a bit more detail?  I
> need ideas.

i guess my thought would need digging into erlang and write another
"authentication handler" but i dont know where they are documented.

i wanted to say, with that new authentication handler you could add
another cookie_passwd_sha1 field to your _users documents which is
basically the cookie you provided to the user earlier, just also hashed.

but cant increasing couch_httpd_auth:timeout config option help you?

> I appreciate the reference to the wiki page but it sure is a mess.  I
> couldn't make heads nor tails out of it.  Is there a page that spells
> out what auth handlers are provided and how they function?

it's probably hidden therein like [2].

sorry if it doesnt make sense nor help you, i got nothing more to say,
was just a quick shot.

have fun
martin

[2]: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview