couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Views & design documents
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:44:49 GMT
All views in one design document are calculated together (to minimise serialisation costs etc).
In general this is a Good Thing(TM) as you find your views stay up to date from other activity.
It sounds like this is a Bad Thing for you (maybe a view costs a lot more to calculate than
the others in the design doc. In this case I'd pull out the offending view into it's own design,
but make sure you have something that triggers it to update automatically - if it's costly
you probably want to calculate it over small deltas of the data.
Cheers
Simon
Sent with Sparrow
On Tuesday, 8 March 2011 at 14:18, Martin Hewitt wrote:

> On 8 Mar 2011, at 13:43, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:27 AM, Martin Hewitt wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Just a quick question, if I have 5 views in one design doc, and request one
of those views, and the requested view requires a rebuild, will CouchDB rebuild all 5 views
in the document or just the one that was requested?

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Martin
> >
> > All 5 views will be rebuilt. Regards,
> >
> > Adam
>
> If I were to split the view document into five documents, one for each view, would only
the relevant view be rebuilt or would all views be rebuilt, regardless of how they were described?