couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject CouchDB listening host & port
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:53:50 GMT
Hi all,

I can't get to Futon from the world-wide-web on one of my servers. I have two identical servers,
configured exactly as each other, but, on one, if I run the command:

netstat --listen | grep 5984

tcp        0      0 *:5984                      *:*                         LISTEN

And on the other, I get

tcp        0      0 localhost:5984              *:*                         LISTEN

Now, in both local.ini and default.ini I have

port = 5984
bind_address = 0.0.0.0

Is that the only setting I need to use/alter to get it to listen widely, or is there another
option I'm missing? If not, is there a way to find out which files CouchDB used to configure
itself?

The only thing I've noticed is that

cat /usr/local/var/run/couchdb/couch.uri

Shows

http://127.0.0.1:5984/

on the inaccessible server, and

http://0.0.0.0:5984/

on the other.

Is it safe to modify couch.uri? Should I delete this file and restart couch so it rebuilds
it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Martin